SPACE is a new VR tool aimed at aimed at making users more productive multitaskers. Now available in beta, SPACE allows you to use your Oculus Rift or HTC Vive to display multiple computer screens with different content in VR. However, SPACE doesn't mimic a single desktop display; rather, the app allows you to open multiple virtual displays placed on a number of backgrounds like the beach, an open field, and more.
Here's a quick look at what SPACE features:
- SPACE lets users open six (during Beta) and any number (in final release) of application windows and arrange them in the way that best fits their work and entertainment needs
- Third-party applications will be able to draw 3D content (e.g. for data visualization) directly into the SPACE environment, and users will be able to interact with this 3D content directly, using controllers or even just your hands.
- Third-party applications (web or native) will be able to stream data (e.g. 360-degree video) to the background in a very flexible way
- In the beta release full-screen in a browser becomes the theater mode in SPACE.
- SPACE is optimized for readability and users can adjust individual screens to maximize readability. Video, images, and large texts can all be viewed with best clarity.
If you're interested, you can give SPACE a shot by downloading the beta from its website. The tool works with both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.