Google is continuing their efforts to deliver a superb VR experience that is accessible with just your phone, through a new platform they call Daydream. The first Daydream headset is absurdly comfortable, and already has access to tons of great games and experiences for you to explore. With Cardboard, they introduced a new generation of users to simple and inexpensive VR. With Daydream it's obvious refining the goal was to refine that experience into something stellar for everyone.
Update 10/25/2017 : New and Improved Google Daydream
Google has anounced an upgraded headset with smoother visuals and better hardware. We highly recommend looking into the new upgrade and improving your VR experience through your cellphone! From a slick new design to better heat management, this device is worth checking out.
Already have the updated device? Have you checked out the new features where you can now cast what you're doing in Daydream VR right to your screen! This means sharing what games or experiences you are using the Daydream for is that much easier to show your friends and family! Turn your fun into fun for the whole family! There's always something fun to do with your Daydream!
Meet Google Daydream
Google Daydream is a portable VR platform that relies on your phone to power most of the experience. You install the Daydream store, put your phone in the headset, and slide the single strap onto the back of your head. Through the included accessory called Daydream Controller, you can reach out with your hand and point at things in VR, pressing the buttons on that controller to interact with the virtual world you now see.
It's a simple, compact VR experience compared to many others, but it's also relatively new. That means there's a lot to learn about how to get the best possible experience from your Daydream headset. Lets help you get started!
- Everything you need to know about Google Daydream
- Best Headphones for Google Daydream
- Cases and mods work great with Daydream View
- Can I put an iPhone in Daydream View?
- How to manually enable Daydream on phones Google has not approved
- How to clean Daydream View
- How to use Bluetooth headphones with Daydream
- Getting your Galaxy S8 ready for Daydream
- The Best accessories for Daydream
- The best phone for Daydream
- Pixel buds won't always play nice with Google Daydream
- Casting is finally available for Google Daydream
- You'll want to upgrade to the awesome new Daydream headset right away!
- Your current Pixel will work great with the new Daydream View
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs S8+ vs Note 8: Which is best for VR?
- Samsung Galaxy S8: Gear VR vs Daydream
- How to move from Gear VR to Daydream
- Avoid motion sickness in VR with comfort ratings!
- I made my own Daydream kit for $50 cheaper than Google's headset
- Lenovo Mirage Solo hands-on: The first Daydream headset that doesn't need a phone
Google Daydream might be the new kid on the VR block for now, but don't think that means that there isn't any content out there for you to enjoy. There are already tons of apps, with new games starting to show up as well. Whether to want to enjoy some 360 degree videos, or duel against wizards, there is definitely something waiting for you to try. You can even continue to play your favorite Cardboard apps and experiences in your new headset. Best
- Best Games on Google Daydream
- How to play Cardboard games on Google Daydream
- How to get the best Daydream games for free
- What can you do in ARCore right now?
- Best racing games in VR
- How to find beta Daydream games
Apps and experiences
- Every app available for download on Google Daydream
- Best free apps for Google Daydream
- 5 Great starter apps for Google Daydream
- How to watch porn on Google Daydream
- Best Adult apps for VR
- Every Chrome VR site you can visit through Google Daydream
- How to share your Daydream experiences to a second screen
- How to open YouTube links with Daydream
- Using Cardboard Camera to capture and enjoy VR photos for Daydream
- How to take the best Cardboard Camera photos
- The best WebVR experiences to try right now!
- How to browse the web on Daydream
- The best daydream apps for watching movies
- The best 360-degrees stories on YouTube
- PaintVR brings 3D painting to life
- The best 360 rollercoaster videos
- The best music videos to watch in VR
- Here's what it's like to experience San Francisco in Virtual Reality
- Twitch streaming in Daydream
- Best Chromecast streaming for Daydream
- Practical Apps for Daydream
- Plex just made the best video app for Google Daydream
- Daydream apps you can using laying down
- Top 5 VR180 videos you can watch on YouTube with Daydream
Even the most excellent technology has it's little quirks, and Daydream can have a variety of small issues. From your controller not properly responding, to dealing with nausea while enjoying yourself in VR. We've covered some of the most common issues that folks have reported with their headset.
- Google Daydream Troubleshooting Guide
- How to deal with Nausea in VR
- Dealing with controller issues on Google Daydream
- How to fix apps stuck in Daydream mode
- What to do when your Daydream controller won't charge
- How to fix your Google Daydream controller not moving
- How to switch hands on Google Daydream
- How to fix drift problems with Daydream View
- What to do when games don't line up in Daydream
- Using a heatsink can help Daydream overheating
- Daydream controller guide
- How to deal with Daydream display flicker on Galaxy S8
- How to change the default language on Daydream Keyboard
- How to get Daydream on your Galaxy S8
- How to deal with controller issues on Daydream with Galaxy S8
- Using your Google Daydream inside of a Gear VR
- App keeps asking for a Gear VR when I'm using my Daydream - Fixes
- No Headphone Jack? No problem!
- Fixing audio problems in Daydream
- How to deal with circular glare in Daydream 2.0
- How to use an external keyboard with Google Daydream
April 2018:We've updated our guide to ensure it's got everything you need to know to get started with Daydream!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.