Why can't I click anything in Oculus Home?
Sometimes your Oculus remote or Xbox controller decides to stop working properly when you're in Oculus Home. The result, while still being able to navigate the menus, is that you can't actually click or select anything. Frustrating. Here's how to fix not being able to select anything in Oculus Home.
- How to fix not being able to click anything in Oculus Home with the Oculus remote
- How to fix not being able to click anything in Oculus Home with the Xbox controller
How to fix not being able to click anything in Oculus Home with the Oculus remote
- Launch the Oculus app from your desktop, Start menu, or taskbar.
Click the Settings button in the top right corner of the window. It looks like a gear.
- Click Settings.
- Click Configure Rift.
Click Add Remote.
- Click and hold the Oculus button and Select button on your Oculus remote until the remote syncs with your PC.
Even though you already had your remote synced with your PC and Rift, re-syncing will most of the time take care of not being able to select anything in the Oculus Home menus.
How to fix not being able to click anything in Oculus Home with the Xbox controller
Ensure you have your Xbox controller turned on and the wireless receiver connected via USB to your PC before starting these steps.
- Launch the Windows Store from your desktop, Start menu, or taskbar.
- Click the Search field.
Type Xbox accessories.
- Click Xbox Accessories. It should be the first option in the dropdown list.
- Click Open.
Click Update required. This will automatically appear if your controller requires an update.
The update will now download and install.
Navigating Oculus Home
Have you run into this problem on your Rift? Frustrating, isn't it? Let us know in the comments section below if these steps helped or if you managed to find another fix for this problem.