Robo Recall is one of the hottest new releases for the Oculus Rift, developed exclusively for the platform by renowned developer, Epic Games. Now available as a free download for all Oculus Touch users, the game has received wide acclaim as one of the best titles available for the headset since launch.
Unfortunately for any HTC Vive users, it appears Robo Recall won't be officially releasing for the headset any time soon. However, with a simple third-party workaround, the game can be modified to take full advantage of HTC's headset and motion controllers. Here's how to get Robo Recall working on your HTC Vive today, with the help of the RoboRevive modification.
- Open Oculus Home on your PC. If you're yet to install the program, a download is available on the official Oculus site.
- Find Robo Recall on the Oculus Store. While the game was marketed as a free-to-play title for Oculus Touch, you'll need to have activated Touch to secure this discount. For those unable to get their hands on the controllers, the game is available for standalone purchase at $29.99.
- Download the latest version of the RoboRevive installer.
- Run RoboRevive.exe from your Downloads folder.
- From the screen that appears, click Next.
- Click Install and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Select Play Now to launch Robo Recall immediately.
If you've previously installed popular third-party modification Revive, make sure to only open Robo Recall via the desktop shortcut or Steam Library entry. While RoboRevive bears a similar name, these are separate programs which offer different results with the game. Opening up the game via the Revive dashboard won't take advantage of RoboRevive's modifications.
How does Robo Recall play for you on an HTC Vive? Make sure to let us know in the comments!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.