Developer Survios is working on a new game for the HTC Vive virtual reality headset called Raw Data. It's a cyberpunk-themed first-person shooter that will be released to Steam Early Access on July 14.
The game takes place in the year 2271, where the player takes on the role of a hacker hero who has to go into the evil Eden Corporation to steal data and take out the robots that want to prevent that from happening. Here's a list of Raw Data's features:
- Active VR Gameplay: Utilize your body to pump shotguns, draw and fire explosive arrows, dual wield pistols, hurl grenades, slash and slice katanas, deflect projectiles, do gun tricks, or even use your fists in close-quarters combat.
- Choose Your Hero: Play as one of two starting heroes--Gun Cleric or Cyber Ninja--each with their own unique weapons and nanotech powers, including bullettime, telekinesis, sword throwing, rapid fire, levitation, charged shots, and more.
- Deadly Defenses: Hack into Eden's munitions database to access weapon upgrades and deadly defense systems to amplify your shootout strategy. Transform your environment with turrets, barricades, dynamic cover, and traps.
- Unlock System: Challenge yourself with numerous missions, unlocks, trials, leaderboards, and achievements. As you progress, liberate more SyndiK8 heroes and unlock advanced capabilities from Eden Corp's data vaults.
- Adaptable Enemies: Battle against swaths of killer robots, including ninja stealthers, laser gunners, heavy rocket mechs, jumping crawlers, flying drones, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Team up in a shared co-op VR space that encourages social communication via body language, facial expression, blended animation, and simulated eye contact.
The final version of Raw Data is expected to be released in late 2016. Sign up for updates over on Steam!