Here's what's new for the HTC Vive for the month of April 2017!
With a whole year having passed since the HTC Vive's initial release, we're now seeing a hefty library of titles available for the headset. While this month doesn't have any hugely anticipated games, there are a few notable experiences which undeniably stand out from the crowd. Here's an in-depth breakdown of all the HTC Vive games releasing over the month of April 2017.
Note: This list is compiled from Steam store listings at the start of the month.
Notable releases this month
"BREACH IT" is an upcoming team-based shooter for the HTC Vive, pitting attackers and defenders against one another in multiplayer arenas. With comparisons easily drawn to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege, the game takes advantage of tactical combat scenarios within heavily destructible environments. While defenders reinforce walls and barricade up the objective, attackers will be forcefully breaching into the building against the opposing forces.
Launching in early access later this month, BREACH IT will initially arrive with one map and eight weapons. Over time more content is expected to arrive, with more gadgets, maps, and modes currently in the works. For fans of similar tactical shooters on the HTC Vive, this is looking to be an interesting addition to the console's lineup.
To The Top
Taking full advantage of motion controls and room-scale technology, "To The Top" is a fast-paced platformer coming soon to the HTC Vive. Taking place in a simple but stylized world, the game looks to offer a streamlined and fluid climbing experience through a range of linear courses.
To The Top releases on April 27 for HTC Vive owners, directly through the Steam store. While an Oculus version is also in the works with Touch support, a release date is yet to be provided.
More HTC Vive releases
- Witly - your personal language teacher (April 1 — Steam Early Access)
- A-Escape VR (April 1)
- Deep End (April 1)
- Sword and Shield: Arena VR (April 1 — Steam Early Access)
- Sluggy's Fruit Emporium (April 1)
- Fort Awesome (April 3 — Steam Early Access)
- Aquila Bird Flight Simulator (April 4 — Steam Early Access)
- Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter (April 4)
- Vee Rethak - Deep Under The Mountain (April 5 — Steam Early Access)
- Filthy, Stinking, Orcs! (April 6)
- Crazy Fishing (April 6 — Steam Early Access)
- Radiant Crusade (April 7)
- Trickshot (April 7)
- Forestry (April 7)
- Solaright (April 11)
- Virtual Idea Area (April 14)
- FootRock (April 15)
- Bounty Killer (April 17)
- Karnage Chronicles (April 25 — Steam Early Access)
- Viking Rage (April 28)
- Range Day VR (April 28 — Steam Early Access)
Titles confirmed for sometime April 2017
- 994 W 24th
- Hopalong: The Badlands
- Seeking Evil: The Wendigo
- Casual Cricket VR
- Deadly Hunter VR
- Mighty Monster Mayhem
- Racket Fury: Table Tennis VR
- Doctor Kvorak's Obliteration Game
- Eye in the Sky
What will you be playing?
Which HTC Vive titles will you be picking up this month? Already catching up on an existing backlog? Make sure to let us know in the comments section!
- The Ultimate Guide to HTC Vive
- Getting to know the HTC Vive Tracker
- Best games for your HTC Vive
- HTC Vive vs Oculus Rift
- How to watch porn on your HTC Vive
- Talk with other HTC Vive owners in the forums!